OPTICAL - CALCULATION : the online didactic optical software and calculation tool for photonics
WHAT IS IT ?
OPTICAL-CALCULATION is an online service for performing optical simulation and calculations in photonics. It offers also support features including many tutorials in photonics and a glossary. OPTICAL-CALCULATION is basically made of two different tools:
- HANDY CALCULATIONS for quick computation in photonics
- ADVANCED CALCULATIONS for complete optical system analysis
WHY TO USE IT ? OPTICAL-CALCULATION covers almost all fields of photonics including geometrical optics. It makes it possible to deal with many cases of photonics, whether theoretical or applied. Among other things, it allows:
- To size, specify or choose a photonic component (lens, laser, incoherent source, detector, fiber optic,...)
- To set up an experimentation from the source to the detector
- To predict or understand an experimental result
- To analyze a commercial or custom optical system
- To carry out or speed-up a feasibility study
- To carry out or speed-up a preliminary design...
WHO CAN USE IT ? OPTICAL-CALCULATION includes both basic and advanced functionnalities. Therefore, it is tailored for experts as well as beginners in optics. It offers many support features including tutorials for a better understanding of photonics and a better use of the application. It is suitable for a large number of users including:
WHAT ARE THE KEY ADVANTAGES? The objective of OPTICAL-CALCULATION is to satisfy and help the greatest number of users with the most suitable service possible. It aims for constantly evolve to best meet customer expectations. Its main advantages are:
- A wide coverage of photonics
- Numerous calculation and simulation possibilities
- A large number of tutorials and contextual support features
- A reactive customized support with direct help in solving user case studies
- A user-friendly interface
- An affordable cost
- Interactivity with users based on permanent upload of new features and calculations on users demands
HANDY CALCULATIONS for quick computation in photonics
WHAT IS IT ?
HANDY CALCULATIONS is an online service enabling to realize a large number of calculations in photonics. It adresses diffraction, fiber optics, geometrical optics, interference, laser, optoelectronics, polarization, radiometry and photometry. It's broken down into plenty of user friendly calculation pages requesting a few number of input and enabling quick computations. These pages can be used alone or in a sequence of calculations for solving a practical or theoretical problem in photonics and not only in geometrical optics.
WHAT ARE THE KEY FEATURES ?
- Actually 270 quick computation pages
- Possibility to search calculation pages with keywords
- Explanatory schemes in most calculation pages
- Contextual support in all calculation pages
- Specific tutorials in all calculation pages
- Possibility to calculate using references from glass catalogs
- Possibility to vary parameters in all calculation pages (except unit conversions ones)
- Possibility to display results in graphics for some calculation pages
ACCESS TO THE CALCULATION PAGES
ADVANCED CALCULATIONS for the analysis of optical systems
WHAT IS IT ?
ADVANCED CALCULATIONS is an online optical software enabling to analyze a large number of optical components and systems. It offers most of the the analysis functionalities of current optical softwares.
- 2D ray tracing
- 3D ray tracing
- Spot diagram
- Ray aberration
- Encircled energy
- Wave Front error (WFE)
- Modulation Transfer Function (MTF)
- Point Spread Function (PSF)
- Transmitted flux
- Longitudinal chromatism
- Paraxial conjugation...
- Centered and non-centered optical systems
- Non spherical surfaces
- Ideal lenses
- Glass catalogs
- Isotropic and Lambertian light sources
- Black/grey bodies
- Display and calculation options...
Our primary objective is to satisfy all users by offering a tailor-made support. Thus, we commit at least to:
- support users in finding calculations best suited to their needs,
- support users in building the most suitable calculation sequences,
- put on line, as far as possible, the missing calculations and features requested by users.
Our secondary objective is to offer a growing number of services in the form of calculations, tutorials, videos and other features based on users demands.
We are happy to welcome all visitors wishing to join the OPTICAL-CALCULATION users group.